Wednesday, May 30, 2018

A Rainy Day

Now that I have not posted on HelloSquirrel in almost five years, I cannot sign in to post again.  That blog was basically covering the three years of time that my husband was incarcerated.  Since I never told any stories there about buying houses or having our kids, it feels like a good time to begin anew.

I hope to use this blog regularly, and continue posting on it throughout our homeschool adventures (which have yet to begin).  Part of the reason for this spark in interest again is the need to disconnect from social media for awhile.  I plan to stay off of Facebook and Instagram (the real challenge) for the month of June.  I will need somewhere to post everything I will want to remember.

Yesterday almost ended without any significant events occurring.  We did end up picking out two kittens after Adam got home from work, though.  Silas had taken a nap early in the day, on our way to an appointment, so he fell asleep in the Suburban on the way to the farm.  Solomon was awake when we arrived, so Adam held him outside while Sawyer and I chose two of the five kittens there. The names we decided on are Pumpkin (because every orange cat we have will have this name) and Mischief.



Pumpkin is not quite as tame as Mischief, so she is not pictured in last night's round of photos (above).

Sawyer asks if we can run in the rain every time it rains.  Sawyer and Silas both love putting on their dinosaur rain jackets and their rain boots.  Really, they enjoy dressing up in anything they don't ordinarily wear.  I put Solomon in the Ergo this morning, and we all took some leftover meat down to the barn for the kittens.

Silas may enjoy the cat toys more than the kittens.

After trying to pet them for awhile (which meant the boys meowing and trying to slowly chase them), we headed to the side of the shed for some splash time.  Silas did not have any interest in going into the house after fun in the water, so we went by the barnyard and played around the manger for awhile.  Since I told them a few days ago that that's where the cows used to eat, they enter mooing and laughing every time.





One of the supports for the roof above the manger typically has a nest on it.  I noticed the Robin leave its nest and decided to climb up and use my phone to see whether there were eggs or babies.  I wanted to lift the boys to see, but since I had Solomon strapped to me, I figured we would wait until later when there is a safe way to view them.


We went back to play in the long puddle for awhile, and saw deer (and a turkey) in the field next to the house.  Then we looked in the grass for baby turtles and worms for awhile, and noticed a couple of deer in the field across the road.  One of the does had twin fawns.  SO cute.




The hillbilly dinosaurs finally agreed to go inside once a bubble bath with colors (color tablets) was promised.  My only regret is that I cleaned the kitchen floor before going outside and getting messy.   

No comments:

Post a Comment