Sunday, June 10, 2018

The Past Week

Tuesday we finally opened the Bubble Gloves.  It seems like a nice concept, but a bucket would be much less messy than the shallow zipper bags of bubbles included.  The boys are unaffected by messes, so we played until the bubble solution was gone.  In the evening I started designing Silas's birthday invitations.  He is having a pirate-themed party for two reasons.  He likes to dress up as a pirate and say "[walk the plank] Honey!" and we found plates and napkins and a birthday sign (all pirated-themed) at a flea market for $.75 for the lot.






Wednesday - I must have really been present because I did not even take one photo with my phone.  Or I was engrossed in The Lilac Bouquet, which I totally loved and would recommend reading.


Thursday we visited Grandpa and Grandma.  I got the photo I need to print the questions Sawyer is going to answer about Grandpa for his Father's Day gift.  My parents rearranged and added sandboxes and water tables and hooked up an old frog sprinkler.  It was an awesome day - and tiring for the boys.  Win.





Friday was a rough day.  Sawyer and Silas were at each other's throats all day.  In the evening, Deepti and Chuck brought dinner AND dessert AND new Reef sandals for both Adam and me.  We really do have the kindest people in our life.  We ate and then played outside, excluding Adam who was with a new contractor to assess the amount of work left by the old ones and get a new estimate.  This is going to be a long road for what we were told was a six week project.




Saturday Solomon was baptized.  It was a really nice day.  The actual baptism was the best experience of all three because we really like this pastor.  Then everyone came back to our house for lunch and outdoor play.  I finally took new family photos for my brother-in-law and his family.




Today (Sunday) I learned that Silas is a perfectionist.  I watched him building a tower of blocks and he had to line each one up perfectly.  I stacked a couple of the blocks, making sure they weren't flush and he fixed them.  Maybe it is not a bad thing that Sawyer decided to nap after the younger two today.  This evening I will be taking photos for my brother's family.




No comments:

Post a Comment